Make your mark at of one of Manchester's most successful independents
It's the oldest independent Italian restaurant in Manchester but its marketing strategy is right up to date. Here's your chance to shape it and deliver it – and keep Don Giovanni at the centre of the conversation on the city's food scene.
Don Giovanni is looking for a highly motivated, self-starting Head of Marketing or Marketing Manager to be a part of their award-winning team in Manchester city centre.
The company hires candidates based on values, behaviour and grit. The successful applicant will be:
• Highly intelligent, ambitious and proactive. They're looking for individuals who are willing and able to learn quickly and on the go.
• A digital native. You must feel totally comfortable and up-to-date with social channels and online content hubs.
• Flexible – you'll be working across lots of different functions of marketing and you'll need to be able to turn your brain to multiple tasks – whether that's copywriting, photography shoot direction or restaurant brand management.
• Accurate and thorough with a strong attention to detail.
• Able to write confidently.
• Highly organised – the group is growing fast and there's lots to do. You'll need to be able to prioritise and execute quickly.
• Confident and self-starting – you'll have a seat at the management table and you'll need to be confident enough to propose new ideas, execute tasks and shout when you need help.
• Solution oriented – if there is a problem that needs to be solved, they want people to come up with ways to overcome this.
• Commercially savvy – you must be able to show an understanding of brand as well as make an impact on the top line.
What will the job involve?
Everything and anything. The company is growing and our marketing executive will be involved across many areas of the business. Some of these will include:
• Restaurant brand management – ensuring that the brand is consistent and well represented across all of our restaurants.
• Values and purpose – working across all of our sites to ensure we reinforce the strong values which drive the business.
• Press – building the company profile across digital, print and influencer coverage by identifying and pitching newsworthy stories in line with the clear company values.
• Social strategy and execution – ensuring that our social tone of voice and aesthetic is consistent and positive.
• Email marketing – identifying interesting angles for our email content which delight the subscriber and reinforce the company brand.
• Photography shoots – organisation and creative direction.
• Managing the marketing budget and negotiating the best deal for the business.
Experience of the following platforms would be a bonus but are not requirements:
• Experience in Hospitality (venue or hotel) Event Management.
• Social scheduling platforms (Hootsuite, Buffer, Later etc.)
• Email marketing software (MailChimp).
• Website CMS (Wordpress).
• Google docs.
• Competitive salary depending on experience.
• 28 paid holidays per annum including bank holidays.
• Complimentary hot meals, tea/coffee provided each day.
• Discounts on food and beverage up to 50% in all company restaurants and bars.
• Career development opportunities and wide range of training programmes.
• All candidates must have valid permission to live and work in the United Kingdom.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com