Twelve of the region’s pubs have made it into the prestigious AA Pub Guide
The AA Pub Guide is the definitive guide to the best pubs in the UK; covering food, drink, atmosphere and accommodation at over 2,000 venues.
So Lancashire can give itself a pat on the back, with the news that twelve of its venues feature in the 2020 guide’s ‘Pick of the Pubs:’ a 550-strong list of the very best AA-recommended pubs in Britain...
The AA’s twelve Lancashire ‘Pick of the Pubs’
- The Assheton Arms (Seafood Pub Company)- Clitheroe
- Oyster & Otter (Seafood Pub Company)- Feniscowles
- The Millstone, Mellor- Blackburn
- The Clog and Billycock- Blackburn
- The Bay Horse Inn- Forton
- Toll House Inn - Lancaster
- The Sun Hotel and Bar- Lancaster
- The Three Fishes- Whalley
- The Inn at Whitewell- Whitewell
- The Eagle & Child- Parbold
Perhaps unsurprisingly, two of Confidentials’ Top 100 venues made the cut too:
Released 1 July 2019, the guide’s 21stedition showcases a record 2000 pubs, inns and taverns - defying dwindling numbers since its 1998 debut with a pub scene that’s ‘better quality than ever.’
But it’s the 550 ‘Pick of the Pubs’ (selected by both AA’s expert inspectors and reader suggestions) that reallyshine, making the Lancashire lot above particularly special.
Reasons for their selection were diverse - ranging from culinary excellence to the choice of real ales, quality of ingredients and atmosphere - but all, needless to say, promise a top-notch experience.
A good excuse to head to the pub if ever there was one…
The Pub Guide 2020: 2,000 pubs for great beer and good foodis now available for £15.99 online and in bookstores from Monday 1 July