A Five Star Job Opportunity
If you’re a restaurant and bar manager who is always chasing perfection, you could be exactly what The Lowry Hotel is looking for.
It’s a five star hotel with five star staff. Do you have what it takes?
The Lowry Hotel is looking to recruit a restaurant & bar manager who will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the River Restaurant, River Bar and the hotel’s in-room dining offering. The successful applicant will need to work hard so that five star standards are maintained and preferably exceeded, at all times.
The new food and beverage manager will need to meet the following requirements:
- Must have a positive attitude towards the job and lead by example in this.
- Must have good self-management skills as well as the ability to manage others. You will be involved in all aspects of the business, to include operation, commercial, recruitment and administration so delegation and follow-up skills are imperative.
- Attend relevant business meetings and training sessions or courses that may be beneficial for professional development or for the business.
- Participate in the creation, compilation and implementation of departmental budgets and take responsibility for targets set.
- Constantly communicate The Lowry Hotel ethos and culture to all employees.
- Ensure that the restaurant, bar and room service correctly forecast manning levels and make sure they are in line with business levels and financial targets.
- Maintain The Lowry’s five star image within the marketplace.
- Complete capital expenditure feasibility studies.
- Support and co-ordinate major projects within the hotel such as new menus or refurbishments.
- Ensure that all members of staff demonstrate The Lowry Hotel’s Standards of Performance and that staff handbook policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Deliver the highest standards of service, ensuring guest satisfaction through comment cards, TripAdvisor and direct feedback.
- Continually improve service delivery and put in place corrective training and procedures.
- Monitor and ensure all departments are maintaining training records and carry out individual personal development plans with all team members.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment adhering to all legislative requirements in relation to licensing laws, health & safety and fire and environmental regulations.
- Ensure company, hotel and statutory rules, regulations and policies are adhered to at all times.
- Be security conscious with respect to guest/staff/hotel property and welfare, following through any incidents or reports.
- Work shifts to include evening and weekend work. Hours are as required to successfully complete the role, working a minimum five out of seven days. Duty management shifts to be completed as per the monthly rota.
The successful candidate will currently be working at restaurant and bar manager level and experience of working in a five star hotel will also be an advantage. The right candidate will possess excellent computer skills, a methodical approach to working, a high standard of accuracy and the ability to work to deadlines.
In return for a commitment to five star service and standards, The Lowry Hotel offers great training and development opportunities as well as other benefits such as hotel discounts, uniforms and meals on duty. The Lowry Hotel is an equal opportunities employer.
If this sounds like you send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org