An 18-year-old man has suffered a serious head injury following an attack by door staff outside Factory on Sunday morning
Greater Manchester Police have launched an investigation after a video emerged showing door staff assaulting two young men outside Factory nightclub in Manchester.
Police say an 18-year-old man is being treated for a 'serious head injury' following the incident, which took place on Charles Street at 3.20am on Sunday 2nd December.
A video posted to Twitter - which has been seen over 100,000 times - shows one young man being knocked to the ground, before a number of door staff unleash a barrage of punches on another young man.
The club owners will be summoned
In a statement, the club said they were "shocked" by what they had seen and that any staff involved would be "terminated with immediate effect."
Speaking to Confidential, councillor Pat Karney said that an emergency council meeting had been called. "We won't tolerate this violence in our city and we are working together with GMP on the investigation," he said. "An emergency licensing committee will take place on Wednesday. The club owners will be summoned in."
Emergency council meeting called after video emerges of sickening nightclub attack (Read here https://t.co/8hm5s1qtE3) video: @DannyAssadi pic.twitter.com/tBsEp5srMj
— Manchester Confidential (@mcrconfidential) December 3, 2018
GMP chief inspector Cherie Buttle aid: “We’re aware that there are a number of videos circulating on social media and I cannot stress how important it is that those with footage make contact with us.
“With a mobile phone at everyone’s fingertips, filming something is often the first thing people think to do but please, pass this onto us to so we can fully investigate this matter.
“While it was early in the morning, this happened on a busy street so there may have been people who have seen something but have not yet been in touch with us.
Factory Manchester have issued this statement:
"We have launched a full investigation into this distressing incident and will be working with the police, local authority and our third party security provider to ensure that the matter is dealt with swiftly and appropriately.
Factory is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all its customers and we will not tolerate this sort of behaviour from anyone directly or indirectly employed by us, whatever the circumstances. Any security personnel found to be involved will be terminated with immediate effect, regardless of the outcome of any police investigation.
Having viewed both the CCTV footage and the video circulating on social media, we can only say that we are shocked by what we have seen. We will also be getting in touch with the young man involved and we sincerely hope that he will make a speedy recovery."
Anyone with information should contact police on 0161 856 3221, or anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 396.