The celebrity chef will open Bread Street Bar & Kitchen in the former Jamie’s Italian
HELL’S bells. Gordon Ramsay Restaurants is to bring its Bread Street Kitchen & Bar concept to the North of England following the signing of a contract with Liverpool ONE.
After much speculation when a billboard of Gordon Ramsay appeared in Liverpool last week, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland (GBI) has confirmed that Ramsay’s restaurant will open in the former Jamie’s Italian which closed in 2019 after almost a decade in business.
We selected Liverpool as it is such an exciting, popular city that attracts people from across the UK
The new Bread Street Kitchen & Bar will occupy a 6,000 sq ft space at unit 7a/b and unit 105 on Paradise Street. The restaurant will host up to 195 internal covers across its two floors with additional al fresco dining and an extensive bar area.
The signing of Bread Street Kitchen & Bar at Liverpool ONE will mark the first in England outside of London.
The menu will feature all the classic Bread Street Kitchen dishes ranging from Gordon Ramsay’s signature Beef Wellington to Butter Chicken curry and the Hell's Kitchen burger.
Alison Clegg, Managing Director, Asset Management, Grosvenor Britain & Ireland, said, “We are delighted that the Bread Street Kitchen & Bar will be joining our F&B offering at Liverpool ONE.
“Gordon Ramsay is a hugely popular and internationally renowned chef and we are proud that he wants to bring his brand to the destination. Liverpool ONE is continuing to grow its F&B offering and the signing of such a well-known restaurant brand further cements its position as a destination for quality food, not just retail.”
Andy Wenlock, CEO of Gordon Ramsay Restaurants added: “It is hugely exciting to be expanding Bread Street Kitchen & Bar in Liverpool.
"We selected Liverpool as it is such an exciting, popular city that attracts people from across the UK. We look forward to serving the people of Liverpool and visitors to the city all the menu delights Bread Street Kitchen & Bar has.”
Our favourite Gordon Ramsay quotes
Televsion shows like Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares have earned Gordon Ramsay a reputation for a bad temper and biting insults. Here are our favourite Ramsay ultimate burns:
- "This lamb is so undercooked, it’s following Mary to school."
- “This crab is so undercooked I can still hear it singing ‘Under the Sea.’”
- “I wouldn’t trust you running a bath let alone a restaurant.”
- “You added so much salt and pepper I can hear the dish singing ‘Push It.’”
- “My gran could do better and she’s dead.”
- “This pizza is so disgusting, if you take it to Italy you’ll get arrested.”
- “You do seriously surprise me. You surprise me how shitty you are.”
- “You’re not a quitter? You’re not a fucking cook either.”
- “This pork is so raw, I’m still singing ‘Hakuna Matata.'”
- The Idiot Sandwich - literally sandwiching someone's face with two slices of bread.
Read again: Gino's 360 sky bar opens at INNSiDE Liverpool
Don't miss out
Get the latest food & drink news and exclusive offers by email.