Selfridges Celebrates everyBODY
Selfridges is bringing the campaign to life with a series of events aimed at exploring the products, experiences and ways of thinking
• With everyBODY, Selfridges is celebrating the body: enhancing it, supporting it and strengthening it
• A weekend dedicated to being active at Selfridges Trafford (6- 8 May) – shoppers can enjoy activities from Baby Ballet to Barrecorre
• Selfridges’ famous beauty events return with a focus on wellbeing This season, as part of its everyBODY campaign, Selfridges is celebrating the body, providing a thought-provoking exploration of the definition of beauty and what it means in our society. Following the launch of a range of accessible and aspirational sportswear and an edit of exclusive yoga mats and water bottles in stores, Selfridges is bringing the campaign to life with a series of events aimed at exploring the products, experiences and ways of thinking that enhance and support its strength and wellbeing.
THE ACTIVEWEAR WEEKEND
From Friday 6 to Sunday 8 May, Selfridges Trafford will host a weekend of fun fitness and wellbeing activity which will encourage shoppers to get active. Enjoy pop-up classes – from Baby Ballet to Barrecorre - in a bespoke studio
setting, plus a range of special food and drink bars, selling juices, alkaline water and raw desserts.
In addition there’ll be live Parkour performances taking place in store all weekend (1pm, 2.30pm, 3.30pm and 5.30pm daily).
The programme includes…
Baby Ballet - 10.30-11.30am Friday and Saturday, 11.30-12.30 Sunday
Across the Active Weekend, award-winning pre-school dance group Baby Ballet, will be in the Selfridges studio giving little ones the chance to dance. With a focus on learning through play, the classes are aimed at building
confidence, social skills, technique and much more. What’s more, little ones will have the chance to meet their lifesize mascot Twinkle Teddy.
Luxe activewear brand Sweaty Betty will be bringing express bootcamp, yoga and fitness challenges to the Selfridges studio, each led by one of their fantastic North West ambassadors. On Friday 6th May (12.00-13.00), shoppers can join one of Hale’s best personal trainers, Sarah Nixon Carr, for a quick fire burn and tone session. On Saturday 7th May (12.00-13.00), shoppers are invited to stretch and unwind in their Ashtanga Yoga Session. On Sunday 8th May (12.30-13.30), Sweaty Betty will be putting shoppers to the ultimate fitness test, with luxe prizes to be won, in their plank off
Barrecore - 14.00-15.00 daily Friday and Saturday, 14.30-15.30 Sunday
Known for building all round strength and wellbeing, the boutique, Cheshirebased studio will be bringing a taste of Barrecore to Selfridges. Through lowimpact, full-body interval training, incorporating isometric exercises, alternated
with stretching, Barrecore is perfect for building a strong, lean physique.
Jim Bag Challenge – 16.00-17.00 Friday and Saturday, 16.30-17.30 Sunday
Manchester-born Jim Bag is rapidly changing the face of the ‘gym kit’, proving leisurewear can play a stylish part in your day-to-day life. Across the Active Weekend they’ll be showing shoppers how you can use your gym kit as gym
equipment through a series of fun challenges and Matrix workouts, with their luxe sports bags up for grabs for competition winners.
The Garden’s Raw Dessert Bar and Alkaline Water station – All weekend
Famous for bringing clean, organic eating to Cheshire, The Garden’s team will be in store educating shoppers on the benefits of an alkaline diet and giving them the chance to sample delicious guilt free desserts and alkaline water.
Press Juice Bar – All weekend
All weekend shoppers can enjoy fresh juices from pressed with a selection of delicious cleansing flavours available to purchase from their concession. What’s more, shoppers who spend over £75 on beauty will receive a
All activity across the weekend is complimentary. However booking is advised
as places are limited. To book a place at one of the classes, click here.
Selfridges’ famous beauty events return as part of the everyBODY campaign with shoppers invited to explore beauty confidence from the inside out and outside in.
Taking place at Selfridges Exchange on 4 May 6-9pm and Selfridges Trafford on 2 June 6-10pm the events include:
• A chance to meet their national makeup artists for quick fix makeovers and beauty tips at Charlotte Tilbury
• Bespoke skincare consultations helping shoppers choose the skincare booster perfect for them at Clarins
• POWovers giving shoppers the chance to enjoy skin and make up consultations for POW results at Clinique
• The chance to find your perfect wellness routine at Estee Lauder
• 15 minute cleanses, glow treatments and foundation colour matching at Giorgio Armani
• Hyper-Real make up transformations at Illamasqua
• Complimentary hand and arm massage at Jo Malone
• Mini facials at Kiehl’s
• UV protection 121 consultations at La Prairie
• Bespoke facials at RMK’s Skin Hydration Bar
• Personalise your Touch Eclat at YSL
• Skincare consultations at Aesop
• Exclusive body therapy masterclass sessions hosted by the Dermalogica Skin Experts
• Beauty for all at Urban Decay
• Learn to layer perfume with Laura Mercia and Bella Bellissima to create a scent perfectly in tune with your personality
• Enjoy fragrance consultations at MFK, Creed and Byredo and find your perfect scent
There will also be healthy sweet treats, a hydration station, entertainment gifts
and much more.
Tickets cost £10 and are redeemable against purchases made on the night.
To book your ticket at Selfridges Exchange Square call 0161 838 0610 or for Selfridges Trafford call 0161 629 1123
For more information on the everyBODY campaign and Selfridges click here.