The northern quarter’s 33 Oldham Street hosted a rum tasting event presented by the Salford Rum Company. They served four premium drinks over the evening.
– Salford Spiced Rum and Ginger / Coke Salford Spiced Rum mixed with ginger.
– Salford Spiced Rum A shot of pure, unadulterated Salford Spiced Rum in a tasting glass.
– Man-goes to Salford Created by the folks at No.8 Cocktails at Hatch, it's Salford Spiced Rum mixed with lemon, agave nectar, mango puree, lemon bitters, apple juice, and egg white.
– The Salford Rum & Tonic Salford Spiced Rum, Double Dutch Cranberry & Ginger Tonic, fresh lime, served over ice.
This event at Alvarium in the northern quarter gave us the chance to try four of the Rock Rose Gin line-up along with a drink from sister brew Holy Grass Vodka, each with a bespoke glass and garnish. The original handcrafted premium Scottish gin Rock Rose is created from botanicals local to the Caithness distillery.
– Classic G’n’T, Rock Rose Original Gin, tonic
– Negroni, Rock Rose Navy Strength Gin, sweet vermouth, Campari
– Tom Collins, Rock Rose Pink Grapefruit Old Tom Gin, lemon juice, sugar syrup, soda
– Cranberry Gimlet, Rock Rose Summer Gin, cranberry, lime juice, agave syrup
– Espresso Martini, Holy Grass Vodka, espresso coffee, coffee liqueur, sugar syrup
A fantastic event of whisky tasting provided by Beeble hosted at 1837 bar, four superb drinks were served plus a bottle of their honey whisky to take home!
– A taster glass of Beeble honey whisky
– A whisky and ginger
– A classic whisky sour
– A contemporary espresso martini
These cocktails showed of the versatility of the honey whisky amazingly
We had an evening of whisky-fuelled fun and discovery at NAM — the sharp new opening on Cutting Room Square. The event was hosted by expert whisky blogger and author Greg Dillon from Great Drams.
He served up three drams, each one an exclusive single cask whisky.
Dram 1 from the Girvan Distillery
Smooth | Sweet
Dram 2 from the Craigellachie
Bold | Fruity | Spicy
Dram 3 from BenRiach
Barbecue | Smoke
A small batch gin distilled off Deansgate, served in secret bar on South King Street. The first meeting of the Confidential Drinks Club was Manchester through and through. Guests enjoyed four premium gin drinks and a guided tasting session. It was a fantastic launch for the Club.
Enter your email address below to hear about the next Confidentials Drinks Club event.