And it’s looking like a right load of Ban Di Bul
Hoardings have gone up in the Old Half Moon Chambers (1870) on Chapel Walks, advertising the imminent arrival of a new Korean restaurant.
The site was previously occupied by Grinch, the restaurant and bar which had been there for 22 years, before finally calling it a day in June 2016.
In a statement at the time, Grinch’s owners, Mud Crab Industries, blamed the on-going and relentless Metrolink works on Cross Street for destroying their longstanding business. Now the barricades have been removed and the trams are up and running, it’s no surprise that the site has been snapped up again.
Confidential understands that the new operators are the same team behind Ban Di Bul, the Korean restaurant on St Peter’s Square (reviewed here), but that it will differ slightly from its sister restaurant and will also run under a different brand name.
The hoardings promise ‘Northwest biggest Korean BBQ house’ and that a ‘Modern and Authentic Korean restaurant and bar is coming January 2018’.
Though Confidential thinks that opening date a little optimistic.